AIMM is committed to providing Arkansas teachers with a wide variety of lesson plans and other resources. Many of these lesson plans do not require a visit to the Museum.
All AIMM lesson plans have been designed to meet specific Arkansas curriculum standards and may be downloaded and reproduced without restriction.
AIMM Lesson Plans
- Using Primary Sources – WWII U.S. Navy Submarine Service Recruiting PostersWWII_Submarine_Recruiting_Posters
- The Role of Geography – The U.S. and the Republic of Turkey
- Cooking in a Closet – Economics
If you have any questions about AIMM Lesson Plans, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- AIMM Scavenger Hunt - How many questions can you find the answers for? (Solutions available upon request, or by visiting the museum)
- Museum Submarine Crossword Puzzle (Online) - How many do you know?
- Museum Submarine Crossword Puzzle (PDF)
- American Submarine History (Online)
- American Submarine History (PDF) Answer Keys are available upon request
Links to other Lesson Plans
Please note that the following sites offer a variety of lesson plans that may, or may not, have specific National curriculum standards identified.
- National Geographic Lesson Plans:
- Submarines: The Classroom Fleet (Grades K-2)
- Submarines: The Journey of K-19 (Grades 3-5)
- Submarines: A Heated Competition in a Cold War (Grades 6-8)
- Submarines: Underway on Nuclear Power (Grades 9-12)
- Ocean Exploration Museum (Grades 3-5)
- Sluething for a Lost Ship (Grades 6-8)
- Life at Sea: Careers in Marine Science (Grades 6-8)
- Using Maps in Ocean Research (Grades 6-8)
- A Pirate’s Life (Grades K-2)
- Pirate Map (Grades 3-5)
- Pirate Archaeology (Grades 6-8)
- Piracy: A Continuing Problem (Grades 9-12)
- The Legacy of Pearl Harbor (Grades 3-5)
- Mysteries of the Deep: Life Sized Drawing (Grades 5-=8)
- Mysteries of the Deep: Leaky Seal (Grades 5-8)
- U.S. Department of Energy Lesson Plans
- Can It Carry Cargo? (Grades 2-3)
- Dive Right In (submarine in a soda bottle) (Grades 2-3)
This list of lesson plans was originally developed by Stephanie Bayless, AIMM Museum Intern